Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has released a new sizzle reel trailer and updated press details, including a rundown of bonus content for the DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection Blu-ray box set. The massive collector’s edition release will hit shelves on November 7, 2017. Press details and the trailer, which can be viewed by clicking on the player, are available below.
FILMMAKERS & VOICE ACTORS
FEATURED ON NEW YORK COMIC CON PANEL CELEBRATING RELEASE OF
DC UNIVERSE ORIGINAL MOVIES: 10TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION
AVAILABLE NOW ON DIGITAL AND NOVEMBER 7 ON BLU-RAY™ FROM
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Popular Film Series to be Released as Limited Edition, Numbered Box Set;
All-New Bonus Features and Collectible Items Bolster Blu-Ray™ Package
A decade of ground-breaking DC Super Hero animation spanning 30 full-length feature films and 5 animated shorts, combined with new bonus features, the complete catalog of prior enhanced content, commemorative extras and exclusive collectible items makes the DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection a must-own when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC Entertainment release the limited edition, numbered Blu-ray™ box set on November 7, 2017.
The content of the DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection – beyond the 30 animated films – will be discussed during a commemorative panel at New York Comic Con on Thursday, October 5, 2017 in the Javits Center. Panelists included executive producer Bruce Timm, supervising producer James Tucker, co-producers/writers Alan Burnett and Jim Krieg, and a cavalcade of actors who have played essential roles in multiple films in the series – the two prominent voices of Batman in the DCUs, Kevin Conroy and Jason O’Mara; John DiMaggio, who has voiced characters in eight films, including the Joker in Batman: Under the Red Hood; Tara Strong, the voice of characters in seven movies, most notably Batgirl in Batman: The Killing Joke, and the two-time voice of Wonder Woman, Vanessa Marshall.
DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection Blu-ray™ box set is limited to 20,000, and each box will be individually numbered. This collection is priced to own at $299.99. It is now available for pre-order.
The DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection features two collectible items of particular note: an exclusive 40-page adult coloring book featuring key art from all DC Universe films, with artwork designed by renowned artists exclusive for this collection; and exclusive collector coins featuring the DC “trinity” – Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.
Launched in 2007 with the landmark release of Superman Doomsday, the DC Universe Original Movies are based on or inspired by storylines and/or characters from within the ever-expanding DC library. Produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation, the stories range from films based upon iconic DC Super Hero stories (Superman Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: The Killing Joke) to films inspired by themes from within DC history (Batman vs. Robin was inspired by “The Court of Owls,” Superman vs. The Elite was inspired by “What’s so Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?”) to original stories (Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Batman and Harley Quinn).
The DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection will include all 30 films – from Superman Doomsday to the all-new Batman and Harley Quinn, as well as newly released commemorative editions of Wonder Woman and Justice League: The New Frontier. The 32-disc box set will also include all 5 “DC Showcase” animated shorts – The Spectre, Green Arrow, Jonah Hex, Catwoman and Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam.
DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection Blu-ray Collection
New Bonus Content
• Featurette – “The Super Human In Us All” –Some Heroes are born in the pages of DC comic books (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman), some are the real life heroes that have faced life or death, and triumphed against the odds. The quest in this film is to find that common ground, reminding everyone that there is a hero in all of us … waiting to rise!
• Featurette – A Comic Book History of Justice League Dark – Take a mystical journey through the comic book history of the Justice League Dark: John Constantine, Zatanna, and Deadman, magical heroes who flourish in the shadows – and their specialty, the supernatural side of the DC Universe.
• Featurette – “Mark Hamill: Finding The Laugh” – This mini-documentary follows the journey of celebrated actor Mark Hamill from his portrayal of heroic Luke Skywalker to the role of one of the most feared DC Super-Villains of all-time, the Joker.
• DC Universe Original Movies 10th Anniversary Panel at 2017 Comic-Con International – Ten Years. Thirty films. Five shorts. And innumerable fan-favorite moments. Warner Bros. Home Entertainment celebrates a decade of animated DC -infused films with an exciting panel spotlighting the DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection. Filmmakers and an array of luminary voice actors guided fans through an entertaining look into the making of these popular movies. Included in the panel discussion are producers Bruce Timm & James Tucker and co-producers/screenwriters Alan Burnett & Jim Krieg alongside actors Kevin Conroy, Tara Strong, John DiMaggio, Vanessa Marshall and Christopher Gorham.
• Lookbooks for Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Batman: The Killing Joke, Justice League: Throne of Atlantis and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.
• Panel Discussion – A Tribute to Darwyn Cooke – Legendary writer and artist Darwyn Cooke left the world far too early. This panel gathering celebrates through personal and professional anecdotes the achievements and heart and wisdom Darwyn brought to his projects, and his life.
• 2008 Comic-Con International Wonder Woman (Animated) Panel – Harken back to 2008, during the infancy of the DC Universe Original Movies, when the Comic-Con stage filled with some of the key players in the production of the highly-acclaimed animated film, Wonder Woman. Included on the panel is former DC Publisher Paul Levitz, DC Universe executive producer Bruce Timm, Wonder Woman director Lauren Montgomery, eight-time Emmy Award-winning dialogue/casting director Andrea Romano, and geek god himself, Nathan Fillion, who voiced Steve Trevor in the film. DC executive Gregory Noveck moderated the panel.
The 30-film DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray) will include:
1. SUPERMAN: DOOMSDAY
2. JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE NEW FRONTIER (COMMEMORATIVE EDITION)
3. BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT
4. WONDER WOMAN (COMMEMORATIVE EDITION)
5. GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT
6. SUPERMAN/BATMAN: PUBLIC ENEMIES
7. JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRISIS ON TWO EARTHS
8. BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD
9. SUPERMAN/BATMAN: APOCALYPSE
10. ALL-STAR SUPERMAN
11. GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD KNIGHTS
12. BATMAN: YEAR ONE
13. JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM
14. SUPERMAN VS. THE ELITE
15. THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, PART 1
16. THE DARK KNIGHTS RETURNS, PART 2
17. SUPERMAN: UNBOUND
18. JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX
19. JUSTICE LEAGUE: WAR
20. SON OF BATMAN
21. BATMAN: ASSAULT ON ARKHAM
22. JUSTICE LEAGUE: THRONE OF ATLANTIS
23. BATMAN VS. ROBIN
24. JUSTICE LEAGUE: GODS AND MONSTERS
25. BATMAN: BAD BLOOD
26. JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. TEEN TITANS
27. BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE
28. JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK
29. TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT
30. BATMAN AND HARLEY QUINN
The DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection is now available on Digital.
About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.:
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment’s home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
TM & © DC Comics. © 2017 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
About Warner Bros. Animation
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing projects for multiple platforms, both domestically and internationally. WBA’s TV series include Justice League Action, Teen Titans Go! and the upcoming DC Super Hero Girls and Unikitty! for Cartoon Network; Be Cool Scooby-Doo!, Bunnicula, Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz, The Tom and Jerry Show, New Looney Tunes and Wacky Races for Boomerang; Mike Tyson Mysteries for Adult Swim; Right Now Kapow for Disney XD; Green Eggs and Ham for Netflix; and Young Justice: Outsiders for the upcoming DC-branded digital service. As home to the iconic animated characters from DC, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA also produces highly successful animated films — including the DC Universe Animated Original Movies — for DVD, Blu-ray® and digital media. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards®, 35 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents’ Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
Check out the DC Universe Original Movies section here at The World’s Finest for subsites dedicated to all of the included animated titles and shorts.
Stay tuned for further updates on this release right here at The World’s Finest, including additional imagery and a review in the forthcoming weeks, and more. To discuss this release, click on the link below.
Discuss this news on The DC Animation Forum!Follow The World’s Finest on
Facebook – Twitter